October 14, 2001

Foofmoof....its 4 o clock. Do I have homework? I think I ask myself that question too much.

I made more banana nut breeaaad. MMMMmyeee haw! NUUUTS and BANANA all mushee together in BREAD stuff for some yummy...stuff.

Last night I decided to read "You Don't Know Me" (haven't finished "Fraud" yet...then again thats not really a story, more like a collection of essays so I don't have to read it all at once) and it was a pretty...weird book. I mean, not really that weird, but quite unrealistic in my opinion, except maybe for the main character being beaten my his father. Actually, NON father. I'm not saying the book was bad, but you tell me what you think of this story.

The main character, John, is a teenager in high school. He is at the bottom of the social ladder...actually, he's the rock holding up the last rung of the social ladder. His dad left him and his mum when he was little and his mum's boyfriend beats him cos he's a meano, and of course mummy doesn't know cos the man who is hot John's father would probably kill him if he told her. ANYWAY! That might be the most realistic part. John has a crush on this girl, who of COURSE is the most popular pretty girl in his class. What else would you expect? Also, one of his friends likes her and he had a plan to ask her out to go to the school basketball game that Friday. But his friend gets arrested and suspended and grounded after he steals an egg roll (yes...that is preeettty dumb) so he doesn't get to ask the pretty girl (whose name is Gloria). Uh huuuh.

Soooo John asks Gloria to go to the basketball game and she says yes. Alright...this would NEVER happen! Aren't I correct? I mean, it seems very unlikely. Okay, it MIGHT happen, but this girl is definitely one of the most annoying people ever. The most annoying character in the book at least. She's rich has owns half a horse (her friend own's the other half...why, don't ask me) and over a few years John has barely saved up $20. So anyway, they go to the basketball game, blah blah, and everything seems to go okay until they go back to her house. Of course, she's the seducer and John is scared out of his mind because if Gloria's dad (boyfriend killer) catches them he's dead. John doesn't want to do anything but of course...there's Gloria. My god, why are these main characters who are boys always such retards? They don't really "do" anything, but her dad catches them and nearly kills John, who was half undressed and ends up fleeing the home through the pet door with only his pants and socks on to run in the cold weather. Oh, and the cops are called, that's nice.

Not much else was happening....but when John gets home his non-father goes nuts at him. Mummy isn't home, but is aiding her dying aunt. Okaaay. So John's non-father goes nuts and stuffs him in the back of his truck and brings him somewhere to help him carry stolen TVs.

This sounds weird, doesn't it? In an un-paranormal kind of way.

Mm. Yeah. What happens after that...oh yeah, Gloria gets mad at John of course for not sticking behind and fleeing like a coward. Well jeez, she's an idiot. Hm. John's friend who got arrested doesn't like John anymore...so John pretty much doesn't have friends at the moment.

John plays the TUBA in the school band. Well, that's alright. His teacher thinks something is wrong with John and suspects he might be getting hurt...oo. Actually, now I'm beginning to forget what happens next. Um. Oh yeah there's a girl in the class who plays saxaphone, her name is Violet or something?, and she likes John. She asks him to go to the winter dance with her. John is apprehensive about it but decides to go anyway cos...I dunno. I guess it would have been really mean if he didn't. Mm..hm. Not much else was happening....but when John gets home his non-father goes nuts at him. Mummy isn't home, but is aiding her dying aunt. Okaaay. So John's non-father goes nuts and stuffs him in the back of his truck and brings him somewhere to help him carry stolen TVs.

I think more stuff happens..oh yeah, John calls his algebra teacher Mrs. Moonface. Which is not her real name. She becamse emotionally distraut, because she has some kind of skin disease, and then John gets into tons of trouble. The principal and vice principal in this book sound horribly unreasonable, pratically dragging him in the hallway by his shirt collar, althoug htruthfully i don't know what they're like since I've hardly ever talk to any in my lifetime. He gets suspended...and there's more trouble from his non-father.

John plays the TUBA in the school band. Well, that's alright. His teacher thinks something is wrong with John and suspects he might be getting hurt...oo. Actually, now I'm beginning to forget what happens next. Um. Oh yeah there's a girl in the class who plays saxaphone, her name is Violet or something?, and she likes John. She asks him to go to the winter dance with her. John is apprehensive about it but decides to go anyway cos...I dunno. I guess it would have been really mean if he didn't. Mm..hm.

When John gets home, his non-father is drunk and crazy and beats him to half an inch of his life, but his band teacher suspects something is up and saves John...and calls the cops...and all his happy. That's kind of the whole story. I guess the ending is suypposed to be happy, although John has to go through lots of surgery and is wrapped up in badages. Oh and of course Mummy doens't like the non-father anymore.

I probably made the book sound pretty dumb, eh? It was written kind of interesting-ly, so that made it...strange. Hmmmm. I just think that John wasn't too bright, yeah?

Now I shall...I dunno. Man I'm real tired. I hate school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home