August 08, 2001

Radiohead: Madison Square Garden
August 7, 2001

I've never HAD this much fun!

...okay, that's a lie. But let's start from the beginning, shall we?

My mum, Cristen, and I took the bus into New York. It took two hours! Yikes! So that was from 5-7 that we were riding along in the bus. The concert started at 7:30...hm, and we still had to eat dinner. So after eating (I had a bread bowl of New England Clam Chowdah!) we got on the subway to Penn Station/Madison Square Garden.

The first place I had to go: the MERCHANDISE STATIONS! Woo-yeah, I got myself 3 t-shirts and a hooded shirt. Not all for myself, of course, two of them were for some special friends! :) Yeah, Radiohead stuff went fast, everyone had to get their hands on a $30 t-shirt...well I DID! There were like 15 different types of shirts. Well I might be wrong (I hate saying that now...I must burst into song!) but there were LOTS of em. They also had Beta Band and Kid Koala shirts, and Kid Koala CDs, and some posters. I wanted a poster, but I didn't get it, and it's okay really, cos I can make my own! One was a freaky Amnesiac drawing and the other was some art from Kid A, maybe there were more of them.

Anyway, on to our seats! The Beta Band was playing and they were quite cool. The lead dude was wearing a kimono! I think (well I had my binoculars/binox, so I could see quite well from my seats in section 132, smack dab in the middle...sort of). I didn't catch much of them playing cos we got there a bit late, but I quite liked them.

Next was Kid Koala, who at first I thought was some little kid or roadie or something, but he started palying stuff, he was cool, doing DJ...stuff. I prefer DJ Swamp, but then he was Beck's DJ, and I love Beck...hmm...

Then came the wait. The wait for the roadies to get stuff and do stuff, making everything niiice and perfect for Thom and his band of merry men. There were 4 or so men who climbed to the top of the stage, although I don't know what they were doing. They stayed there the whole show though.

And then out came RADIOHEAD! In the FLESH! I was in the same building as Radiohead! Whoa man, this is too much, much too much. Cue screaming....AHHHH! AHHH! AHHAHDH ITS THOOOM! HAHA ITS JONNY! oo PHIL! Eee it's ED! AWWW lookit Colin!" Yeah something like that. Cristen and I squealed like little piggies (gucci little piggies?) and had quite the fun fun time.

The first song they played was The National Anthem. I don't remember the order of all the songs, but I'll try and list them here by album:

Fake Plastic Trees
My Iron Lung
Street Spirit (Fade Out)
Paranoid Android
No Surprises
Climbing Up The Walls
Exit Music (For a Film)
Lucky
Karma Police
Everything In It's Right Place
Optimistic
How To Disappear Completely
Morning Bell
Idioteque
Packt Like Sardines in a Crushd Tin Box
I Might Be Wrong
Knives Out
Dollars and Cents
Pyramid Song
You And Whose Army
Follow Me Around
Permanent Daylight
Talk Show Host

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home