April 24, 2001

Here's an excerpt from an article about Penelope Cruz:

She is also someone who comes across as being quite obviously ruled by her emotions (an unusual trait in this town), someone who, by virtue of that, has endured more than her fair share of suffering. When she talks about her current favourite CD for example, Kid A by Radiohead, I swear she almost starts to cry. 'When I figured out the lyrics in that first song - you know the one I mean about waking up sucking a lemon? It just hurt me so much. I don't know what happened to the guy who wrote that song, but I was going through a difficult time in my life at the time when I heard it, and now,' she solemnly crosses the fingers of both hands and twists her wrists, 'I have something like a bond with that record. I am obsessed with it.' The idea that there are some people for whom neither music nor animals play any part, appalls her.

I thought that was funny...for some reason. I mean when I figured out Thom was saynig "Yesterday I woke up sucking a lemon" I was just confused. Sucking a lemon? Why, Thom, WHY? He didn't answer me. Maybe because he couldn't hear me. But I don't know, if I woke up sucking a lemon, I'd be thinking "Hey, why am I sucking a lemon?" and then go crazy. I definitely do not have a bond with Kid A, or any other record for that matter. But it seems like a good album to have a bond with, eh? Oo. My brother is definitely one of those people for whom music nor animals play any part...music is pretty good to me. I think I'm more obsessed with the band Radiohead than their actual music...or maybe it's just both. Yeah, both of them.

GO SUCK A LEMON!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home