March 10, 2001

Yay it's the weekend! Time for sleep! Cos I could use some.

My bro is back...how...fun? One more person in the house. Eh. He brought me some stuff he downloaded, so I was watching some Radiohead music videos. Mweehee! The video for "Stop Whispering" is weird, I don't...GET it. Maybe there's nothing to get. There's a dude putting on some suit, a bunch of bees, some other dues building something, and then there's Radiohead sort of playing there in the middle of someplace...um...Colin looks like a girl...Thom looks scary...gaah! I don't understand what the bees are for. Actually I don't get the whole thing. I said that already.

Another video I was watching was for "Just" which is another video which I don't get, but in a different way. It looks like it has some meaning, I mean it's SUPPOSED to. This dude lies in the middle of a sidewalk, and a bunch of other dudes come by and are like "Why are you lying there?" but the dude lying down won't tell them. And then he likes "DON'T TOUCH ME!" and at this point I woulda been scared of him and walked on, but the other dudes were just like "Tell me what's wrong!" and stuff. And in the end the guy told them even though he really did want to, like it would be the end of the world if he did. And then every person lies down on the sidewalk. If you're wondering, you can't hear them talk, it's subtitled...and near the end the just stop showing the subtitles.

So everyone wants to know what the dude says at the end of the video, and that's the one question which you really aren't supposed to ask I guess, cos I mean...I think it's obvious he isn't saying anything. Okay, TECHNICALLY he's saying something, tou could try and read the guys lips, but I don't think that would do anything. So I don't have any idea what the meaning of the video is. If I think about it long enough I'd go crazy. So you could ask Radiohead what the dude is saying and they'd never tell you, but they probably don't have a clue either, so...MWAAAHAHAA!

Um..anyway. Thom looks real cute in the video. Alright. Sorry, I had to fit that in somewhere. In the video for "Lucky" he also looks cute...he had red hair then. Maybe it was the hair. Mm...naah, its just him. In that video they showed clips of war and stuff...kids with injuries..people in hospitals...dudes with guns. It's sort of depressing, but I like the song. It's pretty.

That reminds me, today in school we had an assembly about the Vietnam War, but I don't know why. It was depressing too, because it wasn't such a good thing. That's what I've learned from the assembly. And so many people from Vietnam were killed...jeez..Americans too, but no where near as much. Then again, it doesn't really affect me does it? Or did it? Guh. I guess I wouldn't understand war unless I went through one or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home