March 20, 2001

SIGUR ROS IS PLAYING IN NY ON MAY 8TH! I WANT TO GO NOW NOW NOW NOW!...

...okay I don't think tickets are on sale yet, but this is just really cool, I mean it's very exciting to know Radiohead and Bjork will be in NY too, but it's different with Sigur Ros cos they haven't been on any kind of US tour yet! And it's a small tour, 5 dates or something. All I remember is that they're playing at Coachella, which Beck played in last year. That's in CA though, so it doesn't really concern me. Anyway, I just want to go so badly, all I've read about Sigur Ros concerts is that they're amazing, and have the ability to bring people to tears...well I'm not extremely intersted in that, but that'd be interesting, wouldn't it?

i will never forget looking round the london festival hall after their recent show there and finding that half the people were still rooted to the spot and the other half had tears in their eyes.

Man I want memories like that! GRR! My mum has already imformed me that there's no way I'm going. Um. Oops. Apparently my dad is coming back to visit in April and into May, and he'll prolly still be here when the concert comes around. And just because of HIM I can't see Sigur Ros? Yeah, he'd probably be like "No, you can't go out, it's a school night, IT'LL RUIN YOUR MIND AND YOU'LL FAIL EVERYTHING!" Yes, because you know, beautiful flowing atmospheric music turns teenagers in AX MURDERS! And my dad wonders why his children don't take an automatic liking to him...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home