March 14, 2001

Gar. Tonite was the BAND FESTIVAL...doesn't that just scream fun? No? I didn't think so.

Not like it was extreme torture, but I just don't enjoy these things I suppose. I wanted to go to sleep, but it's hard when people are p[laying instruments and talking. This was before we performed if you're wondering. I wasn't THAT tired. But there was no comfortable position to rest in while sitting in a chair. Gah. So I sort of slumped over with my hair going all over the place. It's getting quite long...my hair has never been this long in my 15 years of living. Hm. Well there's a first time for everything.

I played like crap like I usually do. The teacher must not be able to hear me, because she put me on the end. There is one song where I make up half of it cos I can't play it for god's sake! Oh well no one cares. There are a million other clarinets who can play. THEY'LL DO IT!

I noticed that the lights were freaky lookin. I mean when I turned my head, they were changing colors or something. Sort of. They were like freaky lights. Actually, they were normal lights but I wasn't feeling well. I never feel well when playing at concerts. I try to sit up straight, and my back hurts afterwards. And then I have a big problem with breathing, which is bad, isn't it? You need to breathe to live. But my lungs don't want to work sometimes.

After the concert was over, it was nearly 9 I think. I waited around for 10 minutes for all the cars to leave. There were a bagillion of em, cos the middle school had also played at the concert. For some reason I thought it was funny, there were a million cars trying to get out, and they were all trying to escape the parking lot, the school, just...everything! Or something. But all I was thinking was "They're escaping and I'm sitting on my butt. Well this is peaceful." I had brought my MP3 player, so I was listening to "Idioteque"...fun. My butt was cold though. If someone said hi to me, I wouldn't have heard em, but I doubt anyone did anyway. That puts my mind at peace. :) When all the cars left, I used my mum's cell phone to call her and tell her to pick me up.

I put up some more songs, but they suck. I listened to them and they just sucked. Maybe it was late or something.

You know what was freaking me out, as I was waiting for my mum to pick me up, I was lookin in the sky and lookin at stars, which ALWAYS freaks me out. Stars freaky me out. THe universe scares the heck out of me. Because the stars I'm seeing could be dead already, the light I'm seeing is a bajillion years old. It's like looking into some freakish past, before the earth formed or whatever, if this is earth. I assume it is. But if you think about it, it's scary. For me at least. And then a plane flew overhead and it was really cool, I was thinking "Man I wish I had my camera" but of course, I didnt. You never have a camera when you really need it. So I just watched it and the hundreds of people it carried fly by. How sad. It's weird though that there's so many people up there, and I'm just standing here. It makes me mad, I want to be in a plane too. And it was weird, I could hear the plane, but not at the right time, it was like a few seconds off. I mean, it takes a while for the sound to get to the ground I know, but it was just weird.

...yeah. Anyway, I think I might be nuts, there is this guy in my band who I think resembles Thom, but then I don't really think he does. ...don't ask...I think I don't WANT him to look like Thom. Cos only Thom should look like Thom. And then I'll get them mixed up. I've never seen anyone who resembled Beck.

"I know! I know one! How did Darth Vader know what Luke Skywalker was getting for Christmas?.. He felt his presents! There, that was funny.. You didn't just laugh to be polite, did you?"

There is a joke you should never repeat. It's just too horrible! I just thought you'd like to see it. Colin thought it'd be funny apparently. Of course, if he said that joke to me, I'd laugh. "Colin you are SO hilarious, please tell me more!" Hah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home